Needs More Cats was created over the course of 48 hours for Global Game Jam 2016 (29-31 January 2016). The Global Game Jam is the world’s largest game jam event taking place in physical locations around the world. I worked in a team with 2 other developers and 1 musician to complete the game over the game jam weekend.
The theme for Global Game Jam 2016 was: Ritual.
We decided to make a minimalist groundhog-day style game about the main character’s day unfolding into chaos as he repeats the same daily ritual.
- Use this direct Unity WebGL link to play the game in your browser.
- Use the Arrows\WASD keys to move and E to interact with the world.
- Game\behaviour programming
- Game design
- Creation of 2D and 3D art assets
- Particle system behaviour and sprites
- Level\iteration design
- Unity3D (C#, WebGL build)
- Hexels 2